Friday, November 21, 2008

Art, etc.

One thing I noticed is how universal every aspect of art can be. Everytime I read a piece of literature I can somehow relate it to what I am feeling or experiencing. It does not matter if it was a poem our teacher reads to us in class, or a movie I am watching, or a painting I am analyzing. THAT is one of the wonders of art. It can touch anyone and everyone in numerous ways. I love it that I can turn on the radio and feel the lyrics because they remind me of something I am currently experiencing or an even that happened long ago. ART has that power. It also reminds me of the Kantian Philosphy we learned about in HUManities class. A group of people can look at one piece of art and each single person has their own unique perception of it.
:-)

No comments: